I’m always searching for a way to work less while doing more. I like to be present on FaceBook while having many updates on Twitter and posting on my blog, and I want to have time to wander on my favorite websites. What I managed to do was entangle all these activities together. And if I say entangle it’s because I tried to draw a diagram that shows the interactions between all the services, and here’s the result:
- When I post a page on WordPress it is automatically tweeted and appears in FriendFeed.
- When I share something on Google Reader, Digg something or bookmark something on Delicious, then it is also automatically tweeted, it appears in FriendFeed and at the end of the day it appears in a round-up WordPress post.
When I read my news in Google Reader, I just need to click the share icon and I become active on 3 other services. This is the efficiency I was searching for. To setup all this I used the native functionalities of the services and:
- FriendFeed post to twitter tool
- FaceBook My Delicious application
- LinkedIn WordPress application
- A personal python script